Guidance Notes for Pitch Side Conduct
It is the responsibility of the the Club to ensure that good manners and courtesy prevail towards the opposition, umpires and other officials before, during and after the game.
Once the pitch is available, the home Captain shall assume authority for the pitch and its surrounding area.
Clubs are advised to ensure that they have adequate insurance cover and that they are aware of local health and safety legislation regarding the pitch and their facilities.
Captains and Umpires should:
- Agree the location of managers, coaches, substitutes and suspended players during their suspension and from where substitutions will take place.
- Satisfy themselves as to the quality and safety of the pitch and its facilities and ensure that other pitch side furniture is removed to the safest location.
- Check the availability and location of an emergency telephone and first aid.
- Agree with the home team officials the location and allowed proximity of spectators.
- Substitutes should warm up in clothing in a colour other than the participating teams in the agreed area of the pitch side.
- Coaches and managers must remain in their designated area.
- Vocal communication by team officials and players on the bench must note, in any way, be directed at the umpires or players of the opposing team.
- Players not taking part in the game, or those in subsequent or previous marches, must not knock up or cool down on or near the pitch whilst the match is in progress.
- Post match inquests should be held away from the pitch.
- Spectators should be advised, if necessary, of matters relating to their conduct and particularly in so far as this affects the game in hand.
- Small children should not be allowed to wander freely around the perimeter of the pitch whilst games are in progress. Children should remain under the control of the parent / guardian at all times.
- Babies in push chairs should not be left parked on the side of the pitch.
- Captains, coaches and managers should be responsible for their own conduct and the conduct of their players at all times.
Contravention of the Guidance Notes of Pitch Side Conduct should be included in any report. Umpires should advise County / League Officials of any abuse of these Guidance Notes.