Subscriptions are due from all players by 30th September each year and constitutes membership. Members may vote at General Meetings and play hockey with the benefits of club insurance. Subs may be paid to your membership officer or direct to the club treasurer. Cheques should be made payable to 'Newmarket Hockey Club' and marked 'membership'.
* Includes all under 16s and all students in full-time education.
For those who do not pay their subscriptions on time pay the following amounts. Seniors: £120.00 | Juniors: £85.00. We therefore urge all members to pay on time to avoid these penalties.
Day membership is available for those playing on a non-regular basis: Seniors - £5.00 | Juniors - £2.00.
New Players - all new players have 2 weeks to pay the relevant subscriptions.
The club discounts 20% membership fees to playing coaches, captains and committee members who attend at least 4 of the 6 minimum meetings.
It's not just hockey either... Although the main purpose of Newmarket Hockey Club is the playing and promotion of hockey within the Newmarket area, we believe that taking part within a team and the team/club spirit within Newmarket Hockey Club attributes greatly to our success. To keep this team spirit we run a variety of club social events for both senior and junior member and their families too. Here are just some of the events which have taken place in the past and future events planned:
- Senior Curry Night
- Newmarket Races - Picnics in the family enclosure - everybody welcome.
- Chairman's Day - Senior and Junior games - present and past members - followed by Ploughman's lunch.
- Presentation & Bowling Evening - Held at Newmarket Snooker & Bowl - Bowling for 2 hours followed by presentation of awards and buffet - Seniors, Juniors and parents.
- Annual Christmas Dinner.
- 'Last Saturday of the Month' socials.
- Annual Summer Tours - Bognor Regis, Wisbech.
- Race Night - Fundraising event.
- Trip to Alton Towers.
- Trip to Milton Keynes (National Stadium) to watch a National League Game.
- Hawaiian Night.