*** NOW CHANGED TO Friday 2nd September ***
Pre season Curry night at Haldy, Park Lane, Newmarket.
Saturday 3rd September at 7:00 for 7:30 sit down.
£20 a head for a set meal with a choice of starters, 5 different curries and Naans and rice.
Let us know ASAP if you can come and all money to either Jess or Sue. All money must be collected by 27th August so we can get numbers sorted.
Newmarket have been invited by Worlington Cricket Club to join them on the 6th August for a social cricket event.
The event starts at 1.00 with a cricket match for the men with a rounders game for the ladies at 3.00-3.30 and a BBQ will be put on by the cricket club after the games have taken place.
Everybody is welcome so please come along and get involved. The address is:
Worlington Cricket Club
Bury St Edmunds
Jess and Sue28 July 2011
A quick note to let you know that the End of the Month social’s will be starting up again. The first one will be Saturday 27th August at the Bull in Newmarket starting at 7:30.
Look forward to seeing you there15 June 2011
We have created a new Facebook page for upcoming social events during the year.
The page is called Newmarket Hockey Club Social. Please could you all log onto your facebook’s and check that you have been added to this page. If you haven’t then please add yourselves so we can contact you about the forthcoming events that will happen throughout the year.
Your new Social Secretaries
Jess and Sue7 April 2011
It’s Summer League Time again, but this year, with a difference, you choose your own teams. Each team must consist of a maximum of 10 players and a minimum of 8 players to include at least 2 Ladies II’s players and 2 Ladies III’s players.
- Teams must be 7-a-side including a goalkeeper.
- Each team must provide an umpire for the game.
- There must be a minimum of 4 Ladies on the pitch at all times of which must include at least one player from each of the Ladies II’s and III’s team. (This can include the goalkeeper)
- First strike at a short corner must be female and there must be at least 2 ladies defending (not including the goalkeeper).
- Each team must appoint a captain to liaise with Team Chris for fixture times etc.
- Each player must pay their subs on or before the first game.
- Games will push back at 7:30 promptly.
- Captains will be responsible for ensuring an umpire is provided for all games or the captain will umpire.
- All teams must play in the colour they are allocated.
- All players under 16 years of age must wear shin pads and mouthguards.
It is your responsibility to submit your team to either Chris Evans (email@example.com) or Chris Leggett (firstname.lastname@example.org) by the 7th June. The tournament will start on the 14th June and last approximately 8 weeks depending on number of teams entered. Cost per player will be £20.00 to cover pitch hire. Once a team has been entered, they will be given a team colour of which they will play their matches in. Team Chris’s decision is final on all outcomes.
Chris Evans 07969 546372
Chris Leggett 07920 745822