First of all a big thank you to all of you who attended the club Open Day, we hope you enjoyed it and are keen to get into regular junior training, starting this Sunday from 10.30-11.30am at the astro.
At the start of a new season I wanted to remind you of a few things:
- Please ensure your child is wearing shin pads and a gum shield for training as this is a health and safety requirement. If your child is new to hockey we are happy to allow a couple of weeks grace on this but after that we would expect them to have these items.
- Please can you make sure you complete and return a membership form for your child at the first session as we need this for parental consent and emergency contact details. You can download a form from our website or pick one up on Sunday from Vicky Benedikz who will be registering the children and helping with membership.
- Junior membership fees are £55 this year, this is a one off fee for the whole seasons coaching programme. Cheques should be made payable to Newmarket Hockey Club.
- All juniors who are 14 years and under and attend Sunday coaching will get a Newmarket Hockey Club junior polo shirt if their membership fees are paid by 30th September.
The following regular coaches and helpers will be overseeing the first session on 20th September:
- Chris Leggett, Alex Andreou & Lydia Evans (U14’s)
- Will Wilson, Dave Worrall, Helen Hansgate & Drew Wood (U8’s)
Finally, don’t forget to check our website www.newmarkethockeyclub.com for further information and news, as well as our Facebook group.